Interesting Lesser Known Facts About Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock
He is thein Hollywood. He is certainly one of the most famous celebrities of current times. But there are many facts that are very lesser known. We have compiled a list of such facts:
1. He owns the rights to name “The Rock” (including logos, phrases, etc). The rights to the name “The Rock” were previously owned by WWE, Inc. (which is the main reason why Vince McMahon has received executive producer credits in some of the Rock’s films).
2. He was the first athlete to host Saturday Night Live (1975) for a second time. Though, he was promoting the film (The Scorpion King (2002)) with his second stint, his pro-wrestling and CFL background makes him the show’s first two-time athlete-host.
3. Growing up, he considered what his father did, “wrestling”; he once tried amateur wrestling, and found he didn’t like it.
4. First ever 8 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
5. Once, while putting on a show for WWF road agent Pat Patterson, sold his opponent’s moves so well, his then-girlfriend Dany Garcia thought he was actually hurt.
6. He was the first person to ever kick out of the “Stone Cold Stunner” while fighting Stone Cold Steve Austin at Wrestlemania XV.
7. He was named one of E!’s “top 20 entertainers of 2001”.
8. Has a fear of spiders. Yeah, the scorpion king is scared of spiders.
9. He has a wax figure likeness of himself at Madame Tussaud’s museum
10. Not only was his father, Rocky Johnson, a wrestler, but his grandfather, three uncles, and six cousins (one adopted) have been in wrestling too.
11. His $5.5-million paycheck for The Scorpion King (2002) earned him a listing in the Guinness Book of World Records, as his salary was the highest for any actor receiving top billing for the first time.
12. He once accidentally smashed the tail-light of a Porsche while filming the movie Walking Tall (2004).
13. In his first semester at the University of Miami, he earned a .7 grade point average. He was majoring in criminology.
14. In The Rundown (2003), he tells one of the rebels that Muhammad Ali would win a match against Mike Tyson. To intimidate his opponents, his father, Rocky Johnson, would often perform the “Ali shuffle” during his wrestling matches.
15. While filming The Scorpion King (2002), accidentally hit Michael Clarke Duncan during a fight sequence. Duncan leaned in too far for a hit, and his chin connected with The Rock’s elbow.
16. He weighed 290 pounds during his college football career, but reduced his weight to about 265 pounds late in his wrestling career. He has lost an addition 30 pounds recently for his part in Southland Tales (2006), some of which he since regained.
17. Dwayne is a skilled light tackle salt water fisherman.
18. He was ranked #61 on VH1’s 100 Hottest Hotties.
19. His cousin, Tanoai Reed, is his stunt double for many of his movies.
20. Attended the Republican National Convention in 2004
21. Cousin of Solofa Fatu Jr. (Rikishi) and Rodney Anoai (Yokozuna).
22. While filming Be Cool (2005), he was Punk’d (2003) by Ashton Kutcher’s crew. They set his trailer on fire, which didn’t seem to faze him. It was only after Vince, one of the Punk’d (2003) crew, blamed the fire on him that things got really heated and they revealed the gag.
23. Was Tim Burton’s second choice for the role of Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), which went to Johnny Depp.
23. In an interview with “Entertainment Magazine”, he no longer wants to be known as “The Rock”. Because of his retirement from the wrestling business, he now considers himself an actor: “I no longer am a wrestler, I am now pursuing a future as an actor and someday as a director. I am not the Rock. I am Dwayne Johnson.”. [October 2006]
24. He was honored by the Congressional Award in Washington, DC on June 19, 2008 with the Horizon Award. The Horizon Award is a special recognition from the Joint Leadership of the United States Congress and the Congressional Award Board of Directors. The Horizon Award is presented to individuals from the private sectors who have contributed to expanding opportunities for all Americans through their own personal contributions, and who have set exceptional examples for young people through their successes in life.
25. Has expressed his desire to play a villain in a James Bond film. Dwayne’s grandfather Peter Fanene Maivia appeared as a Bond villain in You Only Live Twice (1967).
26. Although he has lived in the United States for most of his life, he has Samoan citizenship as his mother is Samoan. He has often stated in interviews he is proud of his Samoan heritage and feels honored to be a Samoan.
27. After making it big in the movie industry, Dwayne was able to fulfill an ambition he’d listed on his agenda of priority “To Do” items, and bought a home for his parents, a luxury they’d never theretofore known. His first major personal indulgence was his purchase of a Rolex watch.
28. He is a published author.
29. While he was filming his swordfight scene with Michael Clarke Duncan in The Scorpion King (2002), the breaking of the swords was real and unintended, and openly stated that it was extremely dangerous because it was not planned and it could have cut anybody.
30. The Rock returned to the WWE, and in 2013, he won the WWE Championship by defeating CM Punk at the Royal Rumble and retained the title at Elimination Chamber pay per views.
31. Indian Actor Varun Dhawan is a self professed die hard fan of The Rock.
32. His ex-wife, Dany Garcia, is his manager.
33. He is an official Priest registered in California for a special YouTube video for his best friend (Nick Mundy). The video is called Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s Wedding Surprise!.
34. While on tour to promote San Andreas (2015), he set a world record of 105 selfies in three minutes, averaging out to one selfie every 1.7 seconds.
35. As a high school student he found it very difficult to make friends due to his lofty (6’4 / 225lbs) and mustachioed demeanor which led his fellow students to suspect he was an undercover narc cop, not unlike Johnny Depp’s 21 Jump Street (1987) character.
36. By the time Dwayne was 16-years-old, he had already enrolled in four high schools due to his frequent expulsions: McKinley HS (Honolulu, HI), Glencliff HS (Nashville, TN), McGavock HS (Nashville, TN) and Freedom HS (Bethlehem, PA).
37. Dwayne Johnson was named as Forbes’ of highest-paid actor.
38. Johnson commanded $64.5 million between June 2015 and June 2016, more than doubling his earnings from the previous year and bumping Robert Downey Jr. from the top of the list, where he was perched for three consecutive years.
39. According to Forbes, his estimated earnings for 2016 was approximately $64.5 million making him the highest paid actor for that year.
Stay tuned for more from the world of entertainment,. only on Bollywood red.
#DwayneJohnson #TheRoc #HighestPaidActor #WWE #WorldHeavyweightChampion#Wrestlemani #Top20entertainersof2001 #MadameTussaud’s #RockyJohnson #TheScorpionKing #GuinnessBookofWorldRecords #WalkingTall #MuhammadAli #VH1s100HottestHotties #AshtonKutcher #CongressionalAward #Samoan #VarunDhawan #SanAndreas #Hollywood #Celebrity #America