Raees vs Kaabil – ‘Who Do You Blame?’ Asks Hrithik About Clash With Shahrukh Khan
The battlefield is all ready and so are the armies. The jury, the great Indian public that votes through the box office, is not just ready, they can’t wait to watch the movies and deliver a verdict. The Raees Vs Kaabil, Hrithik Roshan Vs Shahrukh Khan war is barely a week away. Come 25th, the two movies will lock horns over the box office. So what does Hrithik have to say about the having to fight off one of the biggest superstars in the history of the industry and a movie that is already making sensational waves on social media through it’s promos, dialog and songs?
In an interview to NDTV, Hrithik says “Things happen” and “Who do you blame?”!
“The only way it’s affecting me is the way a tree would affect me that has fallen on my car. Who do you blame? Things happen. If you start assigning blame, it’s not going to be constructive. I take all these things as events of nature.” – Hrithik Roshan
While Hrithik does not want to open up about the clash and the fight, his father certainly is not as resigned. He wants to take the right to he bigger opponents.
“My dad has very carefully chosen the date on January 26, knowing this film would have been ready by October. Still he waited till January because he was seeing that we should not clash with somebody else’s film. So let us not come on this person’s date or that person’s date. So let me make a date which is completely clear right now. So he picked January 26. He wants others to do unto him as he has done unto them. So when you don’t get that, it’s a bit of a surprise.” – Hrithik Roshan
Here is a bit of history associated with the clash of the two films:
- Raees was originally scheduled to be released in July, 2016.
- Kaabil was originally scheduled to be released on 26th January, 2017.
- Raees, in an apparent move to dodge a clash with Salman Khan’s Sultan, rescheduled the release date to 26th January, 2017, thus clashing with Kaabil which had already booked that date.
- Kaabil, in an attempt to gain some advantage, rescheduled the release date to a day before – 25th January.
- When the Raees promo was released, Shahrukh Khan announced that they also had rescheduled the release date to 25th January.
- In the latest move, Rakesh Roshan moved the release time from 6PM to morning, same time as Raees will release.
“It doesn’t matter to our friendship because there’s communication and understanding. If there was no communication and understanding then there would be a problem. And so far, there has been no reason for me to doubt our friendship.” – Hrithik Roshan
Co-starring Yami Gautam and directed by Sanjay Gupta kaabil is about a blind guy’s revenge. Directed by Rahul Dholakia, Shahrukh Khan‘s Raees co-starring Mahira Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, is a story of liquor baron Raees Alam. Both the films come from the same genre – action thriller. Now time will say who wins this race.
#ShahrukhKhan #HrithikRoshan #Raees #Kaabil #YamiGautam #MahiraKhan #BoxOffice #RakeshRoshan #India #Bollywood